June 2021 update

A warm hello from Jim and Julie at Wabaskang Camp. We have been patiently waiting for any news on the reopening of the Canadian/U.S. border to leisure travel but as of today there is no definite date of reopening or any information of the requirements that will be asked of our guests. We do not know if a vaccine will be required and what type of proof will be required. There is some talk of a negative test result within 72 hours before crossing being another suggestion but as of now nothing is definite. We feel that our guests need time to make other arrangements and that is why we are cancelling all our reservations through July 31st. I will be contacting everyone with reservations in July to discuss options for the 2022 season. Julie and I want everyone to know how much we miss not seeing them and how much we are looking forward to things getting back to the good times soon. Please stay safe and we will all be able to get together again soon. We will update our plans for the rest of the season as soon as we have some concrete and valid news from the Canadian Government. Thanks for your continued patience, Jim and Julie

Update for 2021

     Julie and I want to say hello to all our Wabaskang Camp friends. It’s been a crazy world we have all been living in the last year or so and unfortunately the next few months don’t look much better. On April 8th the Government of Ontario declared another State of Emergency that will remain… Continue Reading

Christmas 2020

A warm holiday greeting to all our friends from Jim and Julies Wabaskang Camp.   We know all of us have been affected by the COVID-19 Pandemic, some have lost friends and loved ones, family members and co-workers and we pray for all of you. God bless those of you that contracted the virus and made… Continue Reading

August 16th 2020

Greetings from Jim and Julies Wabaskang Camp. As expected, the U.S. / Canadian Border will remain closed to nonessential travel through September 21st with the possibility of being extended well into October. We have decided to cancel the remainder of our season. The patience and understanding of our guests have been so appreciated and we… Continue Reading

July 5th 2020 fishing season update

Hello to all our friends of Jim and Julies Wabaskang Camp. The U.S./Canadian border will remain closed to non-essential travel through July 31st now and if it does open after that then anyone crossing into Ontario will have to self-quarantine for 15days if they cross anytime in August which means we will be cancelling all… Continue Reading

June 19, 2020 Border Crossing

Hello to all our friends of Jim and Julies Wabaskang Camp.  The U.S./Canadian border restrictions have been extended to July 21st which means no nonessential travel will be allowed. If the border restrictions are lifted on July 21st, we have decided to make Saturday August 1st our opening date for the season. Once again, we… Continue Reading

May 21, 2020 Border Update Covid-19

Greetings from Jim and Julies Wabaskang Camp. The Canadian Prime Minister announced he has made the decision the extend the U.S.-Canadian border closing for another 30 days. We had hoped to be able to have camp open for our guests starting Saturday the 20th of June but this will no longer be possible. We have… Continue Reading

May 19th, 2020 Covid-19 travel update

Greetings from Jim & Julie’s Wabaskang Camp.  The Province of Ontario is moving forward on their plans to slowly open some public areas. Marinas and seasonal campgrounds are opening up but with many restrictions and limited capacities.  The state of emergency orders has been extended to June 2nd for non-essential travel which unfortunately includes tourism… Continue Reading

April 19th 2020 Covid-19 update

Hello from Jim and Julies Wabaskang Camp. We have been informed the U.S./Canadian Border will remain close to non-essential traffic until approximately May 21st, this date isn’t set in stone and may be extended if the situation calls for it. We have made the decision to cancel the first five weeks of the season, the… Continue Reading

COVID-19 update April 19th 2020

Hello from Jim and Julies Wabaskang Camp. We have been informed the U.S./Canadian Border will remain close to non-essential traffic until approximately May 21st, this date isn’t set in stone and may be extended if the situation calls for it. We have made the decision to cancel the first five weeks of the season, the… Continue Reading